34" Series 795 Channel Balance S795-34 blocks latch slightly

A home owner from Georgia says:

I've purchased a few 34" Series 795 Channel Balance

S795-34 option: 34A

this is the part installed, it works great. I'm going to order more but I wanted to ask you if you feel that I should order a shorter version....as you can see in the picture the plastic latch hits the metal part of the balance. Should my next order be for the 33 or 32 inch size? Also, i did not see an "A" option for the 33 inch length.

Thanks,

Jesse 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi Jesse,

we usually recommend sticking with what was installed originally but it's possible that the installers didn't put the right size in to begin with. See if you have an identical window in the house. what size balances do they use? If you don't have an identical window, give us the height of the visible glass and we can go from there. Thank you!

A home owner from Georgia says:
The windows are 35 inches from bottom to top. they all have the old system pictured below which is why I have to replace with the new system.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190508_184526 (Large).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190508_184530 (Large).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190508_184537 (Large).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190508_110122 (Large).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190508_184807 (Large).jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Ah, I see. So, since the sash height is 35" and our S795-34 is 34-3/4" tall (including shoe), that might be the reason the balance channel is hitting the tilt latch. Your old balance likely measured 34-1/2" in length. 

With all this in mind, I suggest using our S795-33, which comes 33-3/4" tall (including shoe). Hopefully that will give you the clearance you need.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.