39-023 with a 9" arm

A quick learner says:
Good day. I wanted to know if you had part number 39-023 but with a 9 inch arm in bronze. I didn't see it in the parts section. Thanks, Keith
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we don't have the 39-023 in the style you request. However, you could consider using our face mounted 39-138, which has a 9-1/2" long arm. To mount it to your window, you can use a screw with a cap nut, or regular nut, and rear mount it.

What I've done in the past is use our 33-205 thread nut and use a bench vise to press it onto the face of the operator. Then, I got a 10-24 threaded screw of the appropriate type and size and rear mounted it. Could this same procedure work for you?
A professional from Bermuda says:
That sounds like a great idea! I think that will work but I am worried about the extra half inch causing problems when closing the window. I'll have to check the track to see how close the arm comes to the end when closed. Thanks so much!
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.