82-239 multi-point mortise lock

A handy person from Perrysburg, Ohio says:
On your website under 82-239 customer questions, a contractor fromSt. Louis, Mo., on Mar. 7, 2017, submitted a picture of a mortise lock he needed. I am in need of the same lock as mine looks exactly the same as his picture. You suggested 82-239 as a possible replacement. Based on the dimensions you show, this would be a good fit. The only dimension you don't show is for the faceplate mounting holes which, as you can see in the picture, are located between the latching hooks not at the far ends of the lock. My measurement is 3 1/8" between the threaded holes that you can see in his picture. Does this match the holes located in part 82-239? Also, does this lock come with the safety button? If so, I would need to drill a hole through the faceplate to accept the button since my lock doesn't have one. Thanks.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what to recommend without seeing your existing hardware. You say you have 3-1/8" between the threaded holes, but I'm coming up with 3-5/8" holes. You also say you need a cover plate with a hole. Take a look at the 82-260 and 82-265 locks. They already come with a different face plate than the 82-239. However, your best would be to send us some photos of your existing lock, and to tell us your dimensions. That would give us a better idea of what you have. You say it's the same as something another customer has, but there may be subtle differences that we can pick up on.
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a sliding glass door
How to adjust a sliding glass door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.