Anderson Balancer

A handy person from Michigan says:
I need to replace both balancers on an Anderson window.

There are two sets of numbers on the old balancer: 11600-17 and P53 12#26 8 8

The window measurements are: upper sash window is 26" tall by 39" wide and the lower sash window is 39" tall and 39" wide.

Which balancers should I order?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Based on your information, it sounds like you have a cottage window. What this means is that the upper sash is smaller than the bottom sash, which also means that the balances that support each will be different.

Either way, based on the stamp you gave, 12#26, I recommend our 24-L8-1227. This is for the left side. For the right side, see our 24-R12-827. Keep in mind that Andersen considered left and right by looking in from the outside.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)