B.S.I 21A & 19B window Balance

A professional from Wheaton IL says:
Hi, I am looking to replace the whole Balance, are these parts still available?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 19D455AD-4C40-41AC-AA6B-545A1562555D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2F287DDC-7B37-4E10-8153-CC456E005036.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We can definitely help you with this balance. It doesn't match any of our pre-made Series, but we sell all the components needed to make an exact copy.

Before we go any further, though, I'd like a bit more information. Specifically I'd like to see a clear picture of the metal clip at the top end of each balance, at the end of the cord. It'll be either a hook or a screw-on clip but I can't quite make out which it is from these photos. Seeing them will allow me to determine exactly what configuration this is.

I'd also like you to confirm the length of the metal channel in each case and how many of each size you needed.

Hope this helps. The bar on the left is 19" the bar on the right is 21" the clip is a slip on clip. I would need parts to make 4 of each size. Thanks. Mike.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named AFCB24D5-AF54-4A44-80D0-0BE31EEC2C8E.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Perfect, thanks! We will actually be making this for you in-house as a custom order, so there's no need for you to assemble anything. The information you just provided is perfect so we're good to go on our end. What I'll do now is email you two purchase links and price quotes, one for each size, which you can use to add the balances to your cart as if they were any other standard product.

To start from the top: I'll be setting you up with our Series 795 channel balance, except I'm swapping the bottom shoe out for our 15-224 inverted link and the top screw-tab out for our 15-198 hook. I recommend looking over these parts just to confirm that I'm right. I'm certain that I am but it can't hurt to check.

Finally, we also sell the 15-216 pivot shoe separately. This does not come with the balances so if you needed to replace this, as well, don't forget to add it to your cart.

Let me know if you had any questions!

Profile picture of Tom

Hello again. I am afraid I have some bad news for you: we actually do not currently have the 21A stamp option in stock for the base channel and there would be a 5-6 week lead time on your order.

We do have the 21B stamp in stock, but I am not sure if this would be appropriate for your sash weight. Consider that two balances with a 21B stamp working in tandem can carry 10 through 14 pounds. If your sash weight falls in that range then the 21B will work; if your sash weight is still under 10 pounds, though, then it will be too strong.

It may be worth checking your sash weight just in case the 21B can work after all, that way you can get these quicker. Otherwise we will have to wait.

I am sorry again for the inconvenience.

we can wait for the same ones to come in. Thanks Mike
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.