BSI 27E balances

A home owner from Seabrook, TX says:
This channel balance was broken and flops out when the window is raised, and the cord is always loose. I don't have access to get better pictures right now. I know these aren't great, but wondering if someone can point me in the right direction to order a replacement for next time I make it to the property. If I remember right, the pulley piece is broken or from looking online there's supposed to be a plastic cap on top, but I'm not really seeing where that would attach.

27E BSI RV
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It's tough to make out what you have while it's still installed, but I feel pretty confident that this is our S795-27. Look it over and let me know what you think.

Tom, I think you're right. The channel is indeed 27" and the bottom looks right. Just need to confirm the rest of the hardware and mount setup. Here's some better pictures.
Profile picture of Tom

Ah, I see. Looks like you have a hook on top, rather than a screw clip. Our S795-27 comes with a screw clip by default. You have two options here: you can purchase ourS795-27 and 15-198 hook separately and swap them out when you receive them, or you can have us do it for you here in the warehouse as a custom order. Swapping them out isn't too hard, but it requires a bench vice and we have no problem doing it for you, if you'd prefer. 

If you'd like us to make it for you, let me know how many you need and I can email you a custom order link. If you'd rather do it yourself, I can give you step by step instructions. 

Yeah, if you can do it in house, that'd be better for me. I really just need the one, but I've read that it may be better to replace as a pair? In any case, let me know when you can get a custom link.

Also, while I figured out how to tilt out the panes and then slide it up on one side and down on the other to get the frame/pane assembly free from the balance assembly. Is there a different protocol with this style of balance as I think the reinstall may be tough with the new balance without stressing it?

Thanks
Profile picture of Tom

Sure thing! We agree, it's usually best to replace both at the same time. I'll send you an order link for 2 and if you'd like to change the quantity, just let me know here and I'd be happy to change it.

As for removing the sash, there isn't really a trick to it. It seems to be easier to twist it out for some windows than others, but the process is always the same. I recommend watching the video below. The subject of this video is kind of unrelated to your project, but it does show how we install the sash back in the frame while using the Series 795 channel balance at about the 3:15 mark.

Profile picture of Tom

Yep, I think that'll work fine. Thanks again for your order and please let us know how it works out!

Order placed. But I just realized I didn't spend much time analyzing the bottom shoe piece. I think the standard (pre-fitted) 15-195 T-Lock Balance Shoe with a Closed Cam is correct, but can you see from the past pictures, or these?
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.