Balance Shoes

A quick learner from 48188 says:
This balance shoes use series 159 coil balance.
the pivot bar with housing is 1173D.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Resized_20220406_173737001.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Resized_20220406_173715001.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220406_185021.jpg
The window sash is 52' by 34'. quite big. I have triple coil on each side. I think they are still good. But if it hard to find the balance shoe matched, I can buy all them together.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. We unfortunately don't sell this exact shoe. The only thing we can offer that may work is our complete Series 140 coil balance assembly.

I'm recommending this because it's a fairly versatile assembly and its size seems to be the same as your original. The design may be a little different but as long as it fits in your track you should be okay. 

The only thing you may be wary about is whether the pivot bar will be functional with the new style. I think it will, but in a worst case scenario you could always use either our 26-398 or 26-405 as a substitute. These are the two pivot bars specifically made to go with the Series 140. You would just need to pick whichever option best matches your existing hole spacing.

I install 3lb Serial 140 Quick-Tilt. The window sash is 52' by 34'. the spring is too weak to hold the window.
I had triple spring on each side before. I think I need triple springs. Do you know the part#?
Profile picture of Tom

Would it be possible to get the exact weight of the sash, down to the ounce? That's the only way to properly calibrate what spring strength you need for the job at hand.

I weight the window sash, and it is 38 lb.
Is S140-19 the right part?
Profile picture of Tom

Yes, that's correct! According to its specifications, two S140-19 balances can support a sash weighing 37 through 38.99 pounds. That would be one balance assembly per side. As long as your sash is 38 pounds then this will be the proper calibration.

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.