Balance spring for single hung window

A quick learner from Alameda, CA says:

Looking for replacement Balance springs for single hung window.

Here are the approximate Dimensions:

Width - 1 1/2"

Depth - 15/16"

Height - 4"

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

I am afraid your pivot shoe was recently discontinued but the good news is that you can use the 15-177 to replace it. The design is different from your original but it is more or less the same part that is compatible with the Series 152 coil springs. For new coil supports, take a look at our 15-143 bushing, 15-144 bushing cap and 15-145 support barrel. Look over these parts and see what you think. 

Thank you for this information. But can you send me the parts that will look like this photo when assembled? I don't see the springs in the attachments you sent me. Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Current springs.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

The 15-177 is designed to use the Series 152 coil springs which are sold separately. To determine what coil weight you would need, check the band of the coil for a stamped number. If there are no such numbers or if they're too faded to make out, tell me the exact weight of your sash and we can go from there. 

The only markings on my coils say: E & EL - there are no weight stamps on them so I'm not sure what weight to buy. Please advise.
Profile picture of Emily

In that case, you will need to weigh your sash on a scale and divide the weight by the total number of coil springs in the window to determine the correct coil weight. 

Hello,
My window weighs 30.4 lbs and it uses 2 coils.

Please advise as to which parts I will need to order.

Thank you!
Profile picture of Emily

With a sash weight of 30.4 pounds, you can use (1) S152-7 7 pound spring and (1) S152-8 8 pound spring on each side of the window. This would total 30 pounds of overall support. 

Hello -
I am finally ready to assemble these pieces that I have purchased from you but I want to be sure that I put them together correctly. Can you please give me the directions on how to assemble?

Thank you
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We don't have written instructions, unfortunately, but it's fairly straightforward. You start by screwing the springs to the pivot shoe. When that's in place, put the 15-145 barrel inside the spring, then snap the 15-144 and 15-143 over it on either side.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.