Balancer

A handy person from Murrells Inlet, SC says:
It's for tilt windows, I see markings of 26-5, TB and BSIN. These balancers have 3 solid sides with a spring on the open side. Cord screws in on top and these go inside the channel....I am unsure of the ends of balancer, I see a plastic piece that is in the window channel and sent you a picture. The other window the plastic end pieces- 1 is broken the other is missing. I assume the window part (pin) goes inside these to tilt out.
I am unsure of how window pin fits into these.
I need 4 ASAP. I can measure the length of the metal and send that if you need it right now...
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1EE49259-5684-449B-920A-BEAFB765755D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0B27587B-FAC3-4487-AE59-EB36C766F425.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 08D0711F-F0B5-4ED2-84A6-C7EF49739F3D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 93CD8A4E-B3B7-4354-8076-BA5DA878FB23.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 10F4AE96-4521-4E3C-B753-4A9458990327.jpeg
Pictures of shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi there. This looks like either an S795-26 or S795-27 to me; to know which length you need, measure out the metal channel. To know what stamp option to select (which determines the strength of the balance), your old one of 26-5 is a little weird, so I advise you obtain the exact weight of the window sash. You can then match that exact weight with one of the weight ranges listed alongside each stamp option on the balance's shop page.

You seem to indicate that the balance screws in at the top of the window track. If so, great; the only remaining matter is to determine the T-Lock Shoe you need. The Series 795 comes with the 15-195 attached by default. This has a 'closed cam' that you can't see through the back of. There's another shoe, the 15-195B, where the cam is open and you can see through the back of it. I can't tell from your photos which you have, so compare and see. If you need the 15-195B Open Cam shoe, this is sold separately; but it's easy to swap it out with the default shoe. See the video below. 

I can't find the screw (s) for the top of the balancers. Do u know what size or length the screws are? I know they were pretty short and small.

Thank you for getting back to me. I measured the best I could and did order 15-195B. I also appreciate the video as I will need that for the install.
I did not have a scale to weight the window(s) but it felt a little heavier than a Gallon of milk so I went with the 11-17 lbs.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

A screw like our 33-016 should do the trick, though this sometimes can depend on the exact nature of your window track, so if you're really uncertain consult a local hardware store. Also, to be clear, your old balances attached to the top of the window track with a screw clip and not a hook like the 15-198, right? Please confirm. I agree, the 15-195B Shoe looks correct. Let me know if you have any further questions. 

I got the balancers in!!! It wasn't as easy as the video showed...& that cut out video to remove broken "shoe" or old balancers, I don't think was needed.
One tip would be to LUBE the inside track with Vaseline. I was having lots of issues once I got the shoe part in, flipping and pulling balance up & this worked like a charm! I did and got it done
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.