Blue plastic holder

A quick learner from Cleveland says:
Looks like the spring wore out. Windows are fairly old about 15 to 20 years. Was wondering g if you have a replacement part.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200929_153758.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

This looks like a somewhat unusual setup, as you have two spiral balances per each side of a window sash; normally, it's just a pair for each sash. We can help replace these pivot shoes as well as the spiral balances, but we need you to tell us the width and thickness of the pivot shoe, which is best measured by removing it from the window. For the spiral balance, we need the length and diameter of the outer tube. The videos below show how to remove and install both items. 

A quick learner from Cleveland says:
Hey Bob after further looking into my situation and your site I found out I needed a 1/2 inch pivot shoe, part 15-046 which I ordered and replaced. My new found problem is one window needs a pivot bar (I think that is what they are called) the part that goes into the pivot shoe. Any recommendations?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

The 15-046 often uses a pivot bar like the 26-040, but the only way to know for sure is to remove one of your old pivot bars and compare. 

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.