Broken Spring and Latch

A home owner from Illinois says:
I recently purchased a house that contains your windows. The one spring is broken, but I want to ensure I purchase the correct parts. I have included a picture of the broken spring, along with a picture of the broken latch. I have also included a picture that shows exactly which window it is.
Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 07A51E08-D00B-4E49-845C-3FE7CA06F439.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C62221B9-AB3D-4C4C-8992-73039A10E9AD.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2731EA1D-5811-4994-817D-363F66EC1569.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I recommend our 26-243 and 26-244 tilt latches to start out. Look these two products over and let me know if you had any questions.

Alternate view of 26-243
Alternate view of 26-243
Profile view of 26-243
Profile view of 26-243
This is perfect for the latch! Thank you! However, I still need to know which part to buy for the spring. All the metal has come out and I cannot open the window without that part.
Profile picture of Tom

Oh, I'm sorry for overlooking that part of your post. I see now that your coil balance is definitely all broken up.

We can definitely help with this, but I will need to see a photo of the pivot shoe to start out. I think you should also get me the thickness of the spring, just to be safe. I may or may not end up needing it but it can't hurt to have that measurement on hand.

Let me know if you can get me that information and I can work from there!

I have attached the photos you have requested. Please let me know if there's anything else you need!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DF8D15F0-F1FD-492A-B350-DC5780FCEDFF.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9EF81CD7-8599-4426-955F-381B0A9554D4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7DF8FD0C-A130-49B7-B1C3-7AF94034AEF6.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DA60772D-CAEA-418A-B81B-007B75D7F40B.jpeg
Also, The measurement of the coil is 1 cm across!
Profile picture of Tom

Perfect, thanks! So, 1cm is about 3/8", so that would be our Series 165 coil spring. Your pivot shoe also matches our 15-199 but as long as your original is undamaged then you can reuse it. Finally, for the plastic cover, see our 15-205. Just note that this is designed to hold three springs; it looks like that's how many you have per side but if I'm mistaken then just let me know.

How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.