Broken Trilite Window Springs

A home owner from Dubuque, IA says:

I have some Trilite windows in my home with broken springs. They have double coil springs that say, "5.5 33" Pat5232208"on them. Could you please help me select the right replacement parts, I need several.

Thanks,

George

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210707_165521322.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, George. We may be able to supply these springs for you, but before I recommend anything I would like you to show me a clear picture of the pivot shoe to which these springs connect. That will give me a better idea of what you have and whether or not we have anything that will replace this assembly.

A home owner from Dubuque, IA says:

Thanks for getting back to me, Tom. Hopefully this will work. Let me know.

Thanks,

George

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16262146467887020728795873582704.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! That looks like our 15-111 shoe, which is commonly used with the 1/2" thick Series 160 spring. I think this may be what you want. Since your old stamp is 5.5 then you'd want our S160-5. We also sell the 15-150D double spring cover, or 15-150T triple cover, depending on how many you have per side. It looks like you just have two but I could be wrong about that.

Please let me know if you had any questions about these products or anything else.

A friend from Dubuque, IA says:

Tom,

Thanks for your help. You guys saved me a lot of money. For the price of one window I fixed seven!

Thanks so much,

George

Profile picture of Tom

That's awesome, George! I'm glad it worked out for you. Please let me know if we can be of any help in the future and I will be happy to do my best.

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.