Broken coil balance on both side of lower sash

A home owner from NY says:
I have a bath room vinyl window that has 2 snapped coil balances. There are no visible identifiers on the shoe, the coil, or the coil cap(?). The shoe is blue and looks just like your part 15-177. The coil is bronze or copper in color and has a triangular end with screw hole and the coil is 1/2" wide.

I need to replace the coil balances, but with no identifiers on my parts, I don't know which coil balance weight is the correct size.

Hopefully the pictures and post are enough for you to ID the right coil balance.

Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0C3086AC-837D-4E68-B0C4-92731216BE27.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 306D36A7-DBA2-4A2F-B797-610AB425D342.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 82A1A581-FAF8-466B-AA71-3BDDCD81FA32.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8F3E8CE1-DF05-415A-86AA-5C79A34A9A7A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CF787EA8-A5E2-4A45-B90A-0852B3184274.jpeg
A home owner from NY says:
As a follow up I wanted to add that the sash is 13 pounds. I measured the weight unscientifically - I weighed myself on the bathroom scale, then weighed myself holding the sash. The difference between as 13 pounds.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I agree the pivot shoe resembles our 15-177, which uses the Series 152 Coil Balances. That was actually a great way to calculate the sash weight, so well done. If the sash weighs exactly 13 pounds, you can use two of the S152-6 6 pound springs, one for each side of the sash. This totals 12 pounds of overall support (being within 1 pound of the exact sash weight works fine). If your old coil housing is undamaged you can reuse it, but otherwise see the 15-143, 15-144 and 15-145. These components 'sandwich' around the coil spring.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.