Broken coil supports

A home owner from Queens says:
We have 3 windows that can't stay open. Can you help us out please?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15888829957135782600469279226698.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

There is a good chance that we have the parts you need but we'll need to see undamaged coils and the pivot shoe that they connect to, removed from the window, to identify the replacement hardware you need. Thank you!

I am unable to send your request as I've already sent a pic of the actual part that is needed. I am sending a picture of the part attached on another window.

I am also in need of the small plastic part in one of the pics. 10 are needed.

You can call to get details 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200512_165311.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200512_164935.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200512_165038.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Unfortunately, your additional pictures don't tell us much about the hardware you need since it's still installed and the pivot shoe is still not visible. All I can say for sure is that you need replacement coils, which you can view here. Your last photo shows a vent latch, which we carry a small selection of here. Take a look and see if you can match up your undamaged hardware and dimensions to our replacements.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Knowing the size of the window doesn't help. Like my colleague Casey said on her first post on the 11th, we need a picture of the pivot shoe. No other information you give us will help other than that. Ideally we'd like to see it out of the window, but if that's not possible then we at least need to see as much of it as you can show me. 

If you cannot show us the pivot shoe, we will not be able to identify a match. 

We are also not able to do this over the phone since photos are necessary. Please upload your pictures right here to this thread so that we can review them. 

Hello,here's the dimensions for the window, 24 and a 1/2 by 48. I'm hoping this will be enough so I can get the parts for the windows. If not maybe if you can call me on my cell which is (347)813-9684 for any additional information you may need.We would really like to get this resolved.
Profile picture of Tom

The pivot shoe is a square or rectangular block of plastic that the coil spring attaches to. It rides along the same window track under the spring. It's how your sash connects to the spring itself.

I'm a bit confused because I don't see anything else. What is a pivot shoe?
Please let me know if this helps.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200514_160112.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200514_160117.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Yep, that's the pivot shoe. Now we need to see more of it. We need more to go off of then just the tippy top. You don't have to take the pivot shoe out of the window, but you will need to at least remove the sash from the frame and show me what it looks like then. Like I said before, we need to see as much of it as possible.

Hello. Is this what you needed?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200521_171431.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200521_171426.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Yes, thank you. You have a 15-177 pivot shoe, which is designed to be used with a Series 152 coils spring. If you can't reuse your old cover, then you can use our 15-143 bushing, 15-144 bushing cap, and 15-145 support barrel instead. These three parts kind of sandwich over the spring to keep it stable in the track. 

You will need the stamp printed off the old spring to confirm the best Series 152 option.

Stamp on old spring says number 9. Hope this helps.
Profile picture of Tom

That would make it the S152-9 coil spring.

Profile picture of Tom

That's not a question I can answer. You would have to contact the company who issued your warranty to begin with. I can only tell you that we do not honor other company's warranties.

Question, are we covered by our warranty?
I thought this was the parts department for Therotite windows.
Can you let me know what the cost of the parts are?
Profile picture of Tom

No, we're SWISCO.com. We're a third party distributor of many, many different brands. Therotite happens to be a brand that I've never heard of, but it's possible a past customer mentioned it on our site, which may be how you found us. 

A detailed pricing break down for each product I mentioned can be found on their respective store pages on our site. You can find a link to each store page every time the product code is mentioned in this thread.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.