Broken window crank

A home owner from Pottstown, PA says:

The window cranks are stripped and will operate properly. The attached pictures are what type they are, they're the original builder windows. The arm is 8 inches long from the bend of the are to the end that connects to the underside of the window. Do you have a replacement for these? Do you need additional information?

Thank you,

Joe

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190928_121524.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190928_122045.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190928_122413.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190928_122105.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Joe. See our 39-027E and 39-028E to start. Go over the dimensions and see if these could work as replacements for you.

I purchased the recommended cranks and the wheel that slides into the track under the window is about twice as thick as the original. The 9/16 seems right but the wheel is too tall. Do you have one with a thinner wheel and how do I return the ones I purchased? My order number is 1285348.
Thank you
Joe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191013_130149.jpg
I might be able to put in new tracks if that is the only alternative, mine are 13.5 inches long with a screw at each end. Also, do you carry the springs for under the screens?

Thank you,
Joe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191013_142243.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191013_142241.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Ah, that is definitely an issue. We do sell the 39-365 and 39-366, which have thinner stainless steel wheels. Carefully look over our photos and dimensions and let me know what you think.

As for the screen spring, we offer a few different kinds. You can see our complete selection here

How do I return the current ones I have and exchange them for the 39-364 and 39-366? Can i purchase the new ones outright or get a credit towards the thinner ones? Which way is easier and quicker?

Thank you
Joe
Profile picture of Bob

You can return your old parts for a refund and then order the new parts at your convenience. See our return policy here

I had also made a typo in my last response; I typed 39-364, but what I meant to type was 39-365.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.