Broken window latch

A home owner from West Wildwood, NJ says:
The latch in the photo is broken. Can you tell me the replacement part number for this latch? Also, should that flat metal spring be in the track? I don't see it on my other windows. This may be what broke the latch.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window latch.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. It's difficult to say what tilt latches you need without seeing them out of the window and the locking teeth extended. That said, start with our 26-243 and 26-244. Go over the dimensions and see if these match precisely what you have. More pressingly, it looks like you may need to repair your coil balance system. Your coil balance system is what lets you open and lower the window at will. We can help you do this, but we'll need to see the pivot shoe out of the window. The identity of the pivot shoe determines the coil balances you need. See the video below for removal and replacement details.

A home owner from West Wildwood, NJ says:
Thanks, the 26-244 tilt window latch is what I need. The attached photo shows my pivot shoe. Also, I have attached a photo of the balance support still in the window slot. Can you tell me what replacement parts I need?
Also, how is the balance support removed from the window when the cutout appears to be too small?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 199C53C4-5A44-455F-8FC7-D94C7A6371B9.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 705D316D-6B09-46A6-9D20-35EE84BDFDEA.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Sure. For your pivot shoe, see if our 15-199 is a good fit. The coil support looks to be our 15-205, but I can't be sure since the part is still installed. These parts can be used with the Series 160 coil spring. Review all the parts mentioned and let us know if you have any other questions. 

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.