Burton casement window crank operator

A quick learner from Pennsylvania says:

Hi! I'm looking for a replacement crank operator for a casement window. Photos attached. I can find no numbers or markers of any kind on the part. On the handle is the name Burton. Burton is also stamped into the wooden window frame. The unit measures 4" across at it's widest point. The arm measures 13 3/4" from the center of the hole (where the bushing goes) to the end of the plastic roller. And it measures 2 5/8" front to back, minus the arm. The front holes are 3" apart center to center, and the back holes (Closest to crank handle) measure 1 5/8" center to center. As far as age, my best guess is it was installed in the mid 80's. When I removed it, it was broken into 3 pieces. (At the screw holes) If you look closely you can see the cracks. I glued it together for the pics. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Scott 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named in pieces.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named installed1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named top view.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named side view.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220413_224445195.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Scott.

Your operator looks like it could be a good match for our 39-013 and 39-014 but compare our dimensions to your old hardware to see if you agree. 

A home owner from Pennsylvania says:

Hi Emily, I think we have a winner with that operator. Thank you!

I also need hinges. Photos attached. I believe it is a 2 bar hinge, if I'm not mistaken. It's difficult for me to get precise measurements with the hinge attached but it appears to be as follows: The portion that attaches to the sash is 8", the piece attached to the sill is 9.5 inches and the arm between them looks like 5.5 inches.

I see they come in pairs. It appears to be a left and a right hinge. If I only wanted hinges for one window, let's say the right window, would I need to buy two sets?

In addition, I also need some weather stripping. The first picture shows the location. There is a groove or track that the material slides into. The "seal" portion measured 3/8".

Thanks again!

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Emily isn't here today but I can help you with this hinge. Your exact model probably isn't made anymore, but our 36-048 should work perfectly well as a replacement. I use this very same hinge set on windows like yours all the time and it's always a perfect fit. The trick is that you just have to replace the top and bottom at the same time, ensuring a symmetrical operation, since the design is slightly different compared to your original. The video below will go into more detail.

A home owner from Pennsylvania says:
Thank you Tom, very much appreciated. And again, just to clarify, would a set of these hinges go on the same window, top and bottom, or is one for the left and the other for the right window?
Scott
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

You're very welcome! I'm happy to help, of course.

The two hinges that come with the 36-048 kit are specifically designed to go on the top and bottom of a single sash. That said, they can be used on left or right-hand facing sashes interchangeably.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.