Metal 29" long 5/8" wide

27 4 GK CALDWELL

channel balance
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20201027_153210.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20201027_153200.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20201027_153148.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Based on your photos, you have either our S380-28 or S385-28. The only difference between them is the size of the bottom fitting, which is indicated on their respective store pages. You'll need to measure your bottom fitting to confirm which one is the better match.

Please also confirm the length of the metal channel. Based on your stamp, it should be 28", not 29".

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
A quick learner from virginia says:
The length of the metal is 29".
The plastic at the bottom is 1" wide.
The overall length is 30" including the plastic.

So I assume that the s380 29" would be the best match?

Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for confirming. Looking more closely at your photos, I see that your stamp actually reads 28 4, not 27 4. With that in mind, the S380-29 should be perfectly fine.

I typed 27 instead 28. I'm not sure how to measure the metal channel, but the overall measurement is 30" from tip to tip. So you think your 29 would be a good fit? Can you tell the weight I need from the stamp?
Thank you for your help.
Profile picture of Tom

The stamp usually always indicates the length, yes. In your case, it would be 29". You want to only measure the metal channel. Don't include the nylon fittings in your measurement; the reason you want to skip those fittings is because they can vary in size and shape, so it always muddles the length. Measuring the metal channel is the standard in this industry.

Now I have a broken top sash glide. Could you help me identify, I have attached pictures.
Profile picture of Tom

We can definitely help with these. Would it be possible to see an undamaged version?

Here are the photos
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20201105_120535.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20201105_120653.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! That looks like a dead ringer for our 18-125. Check it out and let me know what you think.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.