Casement Window Operator

A home owner says:
We had previously purchased a 39-270 closer for a replacement. You show this closer as discontinued. Do you have another solution to replace this closer so the window can operate. Appreciate any help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCN0640.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid that there are no known substitutes for this operator. You may be able to use something like our 39-315 and 39-316, but you'd have to alter the sill to accept the new style base. This would involve cutting the hole where it installs and redrilling new holes. You would also theoretically need new brackets like our 39-545 and 39-546.

Please understand that this is an educated guess. There is no guarantee that even my suggestions will replace your originals. I'm sorry that we cannot offer a better match.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)