Casement operator

A home owner from CO says:
The Crank on a casement window has driven the worm gear out of the casting. I have attached a picture of the crank assemble. The window is a left hand window, i.e. left hand crank and the crank is a dual arm. The S shape arm is under the ruler. The short arm attached to the S shape arm is about 4 1/2 inches long.
Do Swisco have a replacement crank assemble?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WIndow Crank.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Your operator looks like an old version of our 39-035. I think this is exactly what you're looking for, but see what you think.

We also sell the 39-036 for the opposite hand side, if you needed that.

A home owner from CO says:

I look at your recommendation of the 39-035 and it does not have the two arm connected to the worm gear assembly. (One of the arms is a two part articulated arm.) The 39-031 seems to match the mechanical structure. In my window a long single rod connected the gear assembly is 9 inches pin center to pin center. The articulated arm has a S shape rod connected to the gear assembly with 3.25 inches pin center to pin center. The articulated rod connected to the S rod is a straight 4 inches pin center to pin center. Please note that measurements are pin center to pin center and not rod length. I have also included 2 pictures for clarification of the above text.

Sincerely Rob

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named casement4.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named casement5.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

You're right, I missed that long arm in your original photo. My apologies, I think my eye was just distracted by the ruler. Seeing these new photos, I agree that our 39-031 and 39-032 are the best options for this window.

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.