Channel Balance

A home owner from Southwest Missouri, USA says:
I need help ordering the correct parts. Window manf. is unknown. Length of channel is 27 inches. 27B is stamped on the channel, as is smaller letter PR, followed by larger letters BSI.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6344.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6345.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6346.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6347.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6348.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Your photos resemble the S795-27 channel balance with a 27B strength option but you'll need to confirm if your balances use the same screw tab at the end of the pulley cord for installation. Thanks for posting! 

Picture shows the tab where it fits into the window. Also, so the ends on the replacement channel balance fit mine, or will I need to order different ones?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6369.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

It looks like your balances install using the 15-198 balance clip instead of a screw tab that comes with the S795 balances. We can supply these with the 15-198 attached but it will need to be a custom order. We'll just need to confirm the number of balances that you need, with the minimum being two, to get a price quote together for you. 

You are also welcome to review the specifications of the 1-1/4" wide S795 T-lock shoe below to make sure it matches yours. Thank you. 

Dimensions for 15-195
Dimensions for 15-195

The sizes match up. I'll need a price quote for 4 please.

Thanks
Profile picture of Casey

Great, we just sent over an order link and price quote for the balances you've requested. Take a look and let us know if you need anything else.

Looks like I am also going to need some tilt latches as well. Length is 2 5/8" x 11/16" wide x 1/4" deep
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Tilt Latch.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Tilt Latch 2.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Hello,

I would recommend starting by comparing an undamaged tilt latch removed from the window to the specifications shown on the 26-243 and 26-244 product pages. Take a look and see what you think. 

Good Morning,

First, I'd like to change the ordering quantity for the channel balances to 2 pieces since they are non-refundable.

Next, I'm unsure about the tilt latches you suggest. Mine look different. I'm attaching more pictures from one that has been removed. Let me know if you think the suggested latches would work.

Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named TL1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named TL2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named TL3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named TL4.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

No problem, we just sent over an updated order link for two balances. 

As for your tilt latches, they do look rather narrow and resemble the 26-471 latch pair. You'll need to confirm that the dimensions shown below match up to yours. Thank you!

Dimensions for 26-471
Dimensions for 26-471

These look like the ones and I've placed my order. Thanks for the help.
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.