28C BSI Channel Balance Help

A quick learner from Tennessee says:
Stamped 28C BSI. Total length is 28", width and depth 1/2"

Need to replace hardware on a couple of windows and want to make sure I have the proper parts. Thanks in advance.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200229_144723.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200229_152312.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200229_152317.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. This looks like an S795-28, with the 15-194 1" T-Lock Shoe. You would need a stamp option of 28C. 

The only issue here is how your balance attaches to the top of the window track. Our Series 795 uses a screw-on tab, while your balance has a hook like our 15-198. Can you show us a picture of the hole in the window track where that hook attaches to? That will indicate the best course of action here. Many thanks. 

Her are the pics of the attachment hole as well as one that is attached. Thanks in advance.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200305_202237.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200305_202241.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Bob's out sick today but I can help. 

So, because your balance uses a hook at the top, it will have to be custom made with our 15-198 hook, in addition to the 1" wide 15-194 shoe that you have. We have all these parts in stock and can get them out to you ASAP, but I'd like to know how many you need before we go forward.

Once I have an exact quantity, I'll email you an order link and price quote for that many.

Thanks Tom, Bob. Looks like I will need four of these. Thank you in advance.
Steve
Profile picture of Tom

You got it, I'll send that over right now! 

Thanks for considering us and please let me know if you had any questions.

A quick learner from East Granby, CT says:
I need to replace a BSI 28c. I can't figure out how to remove the bottom portion (sure it has a name) from it's track.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Windows part # 3.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

The part you're showing in this photo is called the pivot shoe. To remove this, you need to first unlock by turning the center cam with a slotted screwdriver. Then, slide it up to the top of the track where the cutout is and pop it out.

If your track doesn't have a cutout, then you will have to make one. The video below shows you how this can be done.

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.