Channel Balance Selection help

A quick learner from Saint Charles, IL says:

I need a little help because I can't match up your channel balances with my original.

I need two for now but, if these work I have some more to probably order.

I have a tilt sash with a ribbed balancer and 15-014 shoe so I know I need your series S751.

This is for the inside sash.

My Balancer Dimension is 34 3/4" and is stamped 32 HDB my clip is 1" same as your short clip.

My sash weighs 16lbs.

So I am guessing S751 35" 34R option but, not quite sure because the marking of 32HDB on the original.

Thanks very much for your help.

Mike

Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Mike.

That's very odd that your balance is measuring as 34-3/4" long. Can you triple check that for us? Make sure to only measure the metal channel itself. You don't want to include the plastic fittings in this measurement. 

I triple checked the length of the balancer. It is exactly 34 5/8" long.
Thanks again for the help
Profile picture of Emily

Thank you for confirming! Hmm, that is very peculiar. Your stamp indicates your metal channel should measure as 33" and we can only make these balances in full inch increments. To make sure we're getting you the right hardware, could you upload some pictures of your balance removed from the window? 

I laid the tape measure next to it and took pictures of each end to show the measurement. I was thinking maybe I buy the S751-34 33HD option and buy the Long Clips.

Thanks Again,
Mike
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220611_084800.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220611_084838.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220611_091033.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220611_091049.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220611_091100.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Thank you for the pictures, Mike. Hmm, how peculiar! I'm going to have one of our senior experts take a look and see what they recommend. We'll reach out as soon as more information is available. 

Thank you!

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

In your situation, I believe you are correct in choosing the S751-34 and using the 19-030 long S-Clip to compensate the 3/4". The 33HD strength option might be too strong since your sash weighs 16 pounds so you'd want the 33R option for a sash weighing between 15 to 24 pounds.

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.