Channel Balance and Pivot lock Shoe replacement

A home owner from GA says:

Hello,

I need replace the 2 Channel Balance and 4 Pivot Lock Shoe window. The part number that I found from the Channel Balance is 27B BSI 1-1/4 wide shoe. The Pivot Lock Shoe that I have has 3 differently PAT numbers. I could realize one of these in witch is PAT D467490 and the 2 others I couldn't get the right number. Could you please help me get the Channel Balances and the Pivot lock Shoe for my window? 

I also have 2 more Channel Balance to be replacement. It is 33C BSI 1-1/4 wide shoe same head as the pictures from the 27B BSI.

Regards

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D3E87CF0-9108-494F-B290-15AE6CB4E1B0.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 36C4A079-2574-4A12-85F0-A0B9B9485339.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 47DCFB9D-65B6-4B62-B52B-D1E520536382.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 79D707E5-665C-46EC-9761-2755D37AE21C.png
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

See our S795-27 and S795-33. These should match the specifications you need, and they come by default with the T-Lock Shoe you require (our 15-195). 

The only concern here is how these balances attach to the window track. It appears yours use a hook like our 15-198, while our standard balances have a screw-on tab. We can custom make Series 795 balances with this hook attached for you without any trouble; but there may be an easier solution. Is the hole where the hooks attach to at the top of the window track a square shape? If so, you could use our 26-200 Screw Plug to fit in there, and then install our normal Series 795 balances. If it's not a square, however, let us know and we'll be happy to custom build these for you.

That's correct I use yours 15-198. Yes, there is a square shape hole on the frame. I just couldn't measure how deep is the hole in order to fit yours 26-200.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 895C9339-B10E-4F7E-B7B6-99DA8769E2F2.png
Profile picture of Bob

That should work fine with the 26-200. I generally only look to see if it's a square hole. The other two shapes we see are circles and slits, in which case then the screw hole plug won't work and we have to custom make the balances with hooks instead. Therefore, you just need our standard S795-27, with a stamp option of 27B, and our S795-33 with a stamp option of 33C. 

Hi Bob, I already placed the order. Thanks a lot for your help !
Best regards.
Profile picture of Bob

Awesome. Let me know if you have any other questions, and thanks for your business; we appreciate it.

Profile picture of Bob

Sorry to see the 26-200 didn't work for you. To be honest I've never seen this before. The 26-200 absolutely should have worked based on what you're working with. It makes me concerned that the screw plugs we sent you may have been defective. Did you try the other unit you purchased? Did it also break? Let me know and we'll go from there. I'll look into having these parts returned for a refund, and if it's good with you we'll land back to the option of having balances custom made with the 15-198 hook attached. Sorry for all this trouble.  

Hi Bob,
Unfortunately the 26-000 and 33-016 system did not work. Tightening up the screw the 26-000 broke. Before that happened I tried different screw and did not work as well. The best way to keep the balance channel attached to the window frame is using the 15-198. How can we do that?
Sincerely,

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 78B729E5-A1EB-49DD-BD2A-25FE7DD6403C.png
No problem. Yes, it's possible that some issue with the screw, but once I get the 26-200 into the hole with the screw in I notice the 26-200 loose no grip on the window frame hole and the screw more than a half outside from the 26-200 causing the channel balance not working properly making the 26-200 falls apart/break. For the other unit S795-27 I fixed the one that I have only bought the 15-195 for that. I agree with you with the 15-198 option. I was looking to switch by myself but I believe I don't have the properly tools and the knowledge to do.
Profile picture of Bob

I've just sent you an email with a custom link to order (2) 33" Series 795 balances, stamped 33C, and with the 15-198 Hook Attached. The 15-195 comes attached by default with these balances. Let me know if this all looks right or if you have any other questions. 

For all the original parts you bought, including the screw plugs, please mail them back to us and we will do a full refund, including for shipping and the damaged screw plugs. Apologies that they didn't work out for you; to be honest I've never seen them not work for that hole shape before, but it's possible the dimensions were too big or too small. Good to know for the future. Let me know if you need anything else. Sorry again for the hassle.

No worries at all Bob that's fine. I'll tell something sometimes things works for some else and did not work for the others but, here we are here to help the others solve them. Anyways the new order is placed and I'll send you back the channel balances with the 15-195 attached and the screw plugs soon as I get the new one in order to use the same box to return.
Thank you
Profile picture of Bob

Sounds good. Let me know if you have any other questions. I've made a note with my customer service team regarding a full refund for those items upon their return. Thanks for your understanding and for bearing with me. 

Thank you.
Hi Bob, the channel balance are installed, but they are defective. It didn't hold the window when it's opened.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 38FB1DD1-F083-48EF-A39C-97B9159B1EA0.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CDBB424C-0780-4ED8-9B55-C29008FA6B04.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BFB8336D-13D7-4A58-B4D1-88C0D3232827.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob

Very sorry to hear these balances also didn't work for you. To be honest, the odds that both products were defective are very low. Something isn't adding up here and since this is the second failed attempt we really need to figure out what it is. We have to start from scratch.

• First, you did indeed originally have 33" Series 795 balance, stamped 33C and with the 15-198 hook and 15-195 1-1/4" T-Lock Shoe in these windows, right? Do you still have the old balances? If so, may we see them side-by-side with what we sent you?
  • Is there any issue with installation? It is shown at this point in our tutorial here, though note this does not feature the 15-198 hook; but the rest of the installation is the same. Go over all these steps to ensure that they match what you've done. 
  • Let me know any other details if necessary.
From here we'll do our very best to get to the bottom of all this.

No problem. The answer for your 1st question is yes. There is no issue with the installation for sure.I installed the 1-1/4 T-Lock Shoe that I ordered for my 27B Channel Balance with 15-198 hook with no problem and it works fantastic.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named AAE97DA4-BF85-4AD7-8C19-2A8E77CB98CC.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F1C51FB0-C2CC-41E6-B206-B5A39C2DFF78.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3FFEC91B-A7AF-4282-A8C7-F61480054347.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C569442C-6211-4B87-8E5B-3C938E4DE5CB.png
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Bob's not here today, but I'll do my best to help. After catching myself up with this issue I'm forced to agree with his assessment that something here isn't quite right. Can you tell me the exact weight of your sash, down to the ounce?

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.