Channel Balancer for Del Webb home in Sun City built 1975

A quick learner from Sun City, Arizona says:

Hi,

Need 8 of these for 4 windows. House is a Del Webb in Sun City Arizona, built in 1975. Couldn't find a match from your 1/2" wide channel balances. The windows are non-tilt vertical double-hung with aluminum frame, dual pane. Dimensions approximately 71" by 23". The guide stop tab for the screwdriver to pop out is about 3 inches from the top of the rail the window runs up in.

Please let me know what these are and if you have them in stock. I have more pix if it helps figure it out. Thanks!

John 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20201026_101958.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20201026_102027.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20201026_102030.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20201026_152954.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20201026_153002.jpg

Hi,

Got more pix of the clip and the rail holes for the clip. Attached. Thanks.

John 

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi John, 

We'd be happy to help but these balances will need to be custom made. To move forward, we'll need you to measure the depth of the bottom attachment as shown below. 

Unfortunately, we do not carry a direct replacement for your top sash guide but take a look at our 18-010 and see how the dimensions compare to yours. Also, take a look at the 16-002 take out clip if you need those as well ans compare the dimensions to the cut out in your jamb. Thank you!

Comparison of 15-001 & 15-002
Comparison of 15-001 & 15-002
Hi,

You folks custom make them? And what is the cost, please?

Thanks!
John
Profile picture of Casey

We can custom make it but as I mentioned, we'll need you to measure the depth of the bottom attachment to determine if your balance uses the 15-001 or 15-002

Hi again,

How much will these cost to custom build?

Thanks,

John

Profile picture of Casey

In order to price quote these balances for you, we need to know if your balance uses the 15-001 or 15-002.

Looks like the 15-002.
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for confirming, we just sent over an order link and price quote in a separate email for you to review. Take a look and let us know if you need anything else. Thank you!

Okay - updates. The bottom attachment matches the 15-001 (NOT the 15-002 like I shared before).

Here are all the dimensions:

Number on back: 33 30
Length of metal channel: 34 inches
Length of metal channel and bottom attachment (total length): 34 1/4 inches
Width of metal channel: ½ inch
Depth of metal channel: 9/16 inch

Depth of top of channel balance with top plastic sleeve: 11/16 inch
Length of top plastic sleeve attachment: ½ inch

Depth of bottom attachment plastic fitting: 1 1/8 inch
Width of bottom attachment plastic fitting: 1/2 inch
Length of bottom attachment plastic fitting: 1 inch
(Bottom attachment looks like the 15-001)

Hook Width: ¼ inch
Hook Length (including arc): 7/8 inch
Hook insert tab length: ¼ inch

Want to custom order four (4) in the first batch. If they work, will order another batch of four (4).

Thanks,
John
More pix of the top and bottom attachments:
Profile picture of Casey

No problem, we just sent over an updated order link for four of these balances with the 15-001 bottom attachment. Thank you!

Hi,

Received my balances yesterday. Should I oil them or the tracks before installation? And if so, what type of oil, please? I have some silicon lubricant.

Any other things to do before install?

Thanks,

John 

Profile picture of Casey

Our balances come ready for installation, so there's really nothing that you need to do to prep them. If the balance becomes a bit noisy or stick a few years down the line, you can spray the springs with silicone spray for smoother operation. 

Those balances worked like a charm! I was nervous since they were custom but they fit right in and I have two windows like new right now. Thanks!

Used the previous link and just ordered four more for the two identical windows in the other bedroom (3 pm AZ time, 11/11/2020).

Sincerely,

John 

Profile picture of Casey

I'm happy to hear it! Please let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with. 

How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.