Shoe for Window Balance Spring

A home owner from Greensboro, NC says:
Hello! None of the double-hung windows in my house will stay up. It seems that the balance springs have all sprung - because almost all of the clips shaped like this have broken. This is the only one I have that is not broken. A metal spring hooks into the loop at the top, and the small metal bracket at the bottom is screwed into the bottom side of the wooden window. I need about a dozen of these (or a replacement part that does the same thing).

Any help you can give me will be most appreciated!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window clip.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Take a look at our 15-104 Caradco Friction Shoe. See if this matches your old shoe. Keep in mind if the springs themselves are broken, we unfortunately can't replace these sort of jamb liner systems. A local millwork may be able to assist you.

A home owner from Greensboro, NC says:
Thanks for the reply. Your 15-104 looks a lot like the Shoes I have... but not exactly. And I don't know what to do in place of the metal clip that screws to the window bottom. Obviously, the shoes I have are a terrible design, so I sure don't mind making some modifications if necessary.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Take a look at this discussion here. This customer removed the metal strip to get the shoes to fit in the channel, but was able to get them to work. Take a look and see if you think this might work for your application.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.