Coil Balance Assembly - Simonton window

A home owner from Ohio says:
Need to replace coil balance assembly on left side of window. Photo is of window label with manufacturer information.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screen Shot 2023-02-19 at 10.04.55 AM.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screen Shot 2023-02-19 at 10.37.10 AM.png
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to help but, unfortunately, the manufacturer stickers do not indicate the balance hardware that your window uses. We should be able to help but we would need to see your pivot shoe and coil springs fully removed from the window to compare to our inventory. We've related a few videos on this page to walk you through the process. Thank you! 

Thank you for the response. I am adding two photos - one is of the left coils and shoe that are not functioning. The other is of the intact right side. There are no numbers or markings on any of the parts. We also weight the sash and it weighs 23lb.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 10.06.09 AM.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screen Shot 2023-02-19 at 10.07.23 AM.png
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for getting back to us. Take a look and compare the specifications of the 15-199 pivot shoe, which is compatible with the 1/2" wide S160 or 3/8" wide S165 coil springs, to your parts. 

If you need the S160, I'd recommend using an S160-7 and S160-3 on each side of the sash. If you require the S165, you can use an S165-8 and S165-3 on each side.

Thank you for the additional information. Could you also please tell me which pivot bars will fit in the following shoes:

12 lb Series 140 Quick-Tilt, Dual
S140-12

and

Pivot Shoe, 17/32" Thick
15-199

Profile picture of Casey

There are multiple pivot bars that can work with these pivot shoes. To determine which would be the correct replacement, we would need to see yours removed from the window sash with written-out dimensions to compare to our inventory. 

Thank you. I suppose I should have phrased the question differently: I'd like to order both of those shoes I mentioned, but using our existing pivot bars. The end of the pivot bar measures 5/8" long by 3/8" high. Will that fit into either of those shoes?
Profile picture of Casey

Just to be clear, the S140 would not be a suitable replacement for the coil balance assembly shown in your photos. Your original pivot bar would be compatible with the 15-199 since it is a direct match for the pivot shoe shown in your photos. 

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.