Coil Balancer replacement

A home owner from Monroe, Ohio says:
I have Norandex Dimension 1 Series windows from 2000.

I need to replace the some balancers. Actually the springs & shoes are in good shape for most of them, my problem is that the plastic cover has become very brittle and is breaking off anytime you raise/lower the window.

The tilt lock is designed to ride over top (I also need some of those but it appears that your part# 26-243 & 26-244 are exactly what I need).

The current springs are both 5# , 35". Interestingly, the the once spring connects to the other instead of the opposite side of the show. I don't know if that matters.

The window pivot bars are u-shaped and are 3/16 x 5/16, extending 3/8" out.

I think the 10 LB SERIES 140 QUICK-TILT, would be the right replacement. But I'm concerned about rather or not the tilt lock will ride over them or not. As you can see in my photo, the original parts seem to have a tapered cover. Also, not sure if my existing pivot bars will work.

Can you tell me what I need?
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
If the pivot shoes and coil springs are okay, then you may just need the 15-150D plastic cover. The coil springs are installed piggy back style. To use Series 140 you would need to replace your pivot bar. If you do need the complete balance system, see our 15-191 pivot shoe, as well as our Series 160 and Series 165 springs.
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.