Coil Cover

A handy person from Michigan, USA says:
Hi- I purchased some 15-150Ds to replace a handful of coil covers that are breaking down but as you can see from the picture they're not quite the same. I installed one, and it works, but the sash doesn't slide past the cover without pulling in the retaining clips. It also seems a tad loose in the frame since only one replacement screw could be used. Do you have the proper cover?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-8321.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image_123927839 (3).JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image_123927839 (2).JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It sounds like the 15-150D is too big for your track. Note that this is only designed to work with 1/2" thick springs. You may want the 15-204 instead, which is meant for 3/8" thick springs.

You should measure your old spring before you buy anything else. That way you can be 100% sure.

A handy person from Michigan, USA says:
The existing springs look to be just over 3/8 at 25/64, would this be considered a 3/8 spring?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E7011B4D-CD88-4EB7-AF90-C266F42382C0.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Yes, I think it's safe to say that what you have classifies as the 3/8" spring. That's only 1/64" off, which is a negligible difference for what you're doing here.

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.