Coil balance Broken - Not sure what part for replacement

A home owner from North Carolina says:
Moved into a house with multiple windows broken as seen in the first photo. Determined it to be a coil balance, but it was in pieces when I got it out. I'll be honest - not sure how they got them in in the first place as there is no distinct opening in the channel to pull them out, had to pry out with a flat head.

That being said, not sure what to replace it with as it has no numbers or markings.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190330_102504.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190330_110455.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190330_110943.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Your Pivot Shoe resembles our 15-177. Just go over the dimensions listed on the product page to confirm that it's a match. This Pivot Shoe is compatible with our Series 152 Coil Springs. To know what spring weights you need, check your old coil springs for stamped numbers. If there are no stamped numbers, please tell us the weight of your window sash, as well as the number of coil springs on each side of the sash. We can then use that precise weight to determine the coil spring weights you need. 

For help on removing your pivot shoe, see the video below.  

Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for getting back to us. You could reuse your old coil spring housing with the 15-177 and S152-8, if it is not damaged. If it is, then you could use the 15-143, 15-144, and 15-145 instead. 

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I have an alternative recommendation for you to consider. Instead of the 15-177 and S152-8, you can also use S140-8, which comes as a whole assembly. The Series 140 has the same width and thickness as the 15-177, and thus is interchangeable. The only catch is we would need to see your pivot bar to make sure it would fit in the pivot cam of Series 140. Let us know what you'd prefer.

Looks like I need the 15-777 and it appears to be a 8 lb coil spring - so a S152-8. With that being said, do I also need a spring cover/cap/bushing/barrel?
Do you think it'd be possible to just replace everything with a S140 8LB?
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for the photos. Take a look at the 26-398 and 26-405 Pivot Bars. Either of these work with the Series 140. You need to make sure if the distance between the pin that fits into the pivot shoe and the center of at least one of the mounting holes on either of these pivot bars matches your current pivot bar. If so, then this conversion will work for you. If not, however, you would probably be better off sticking with the 15-177 and Series 152 setup. Many thanks.

It looks like it might be cheaper to get the S140 - here is my current pivot bar ends.

Let me know if you need the whole thing taken out of the sash.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190401_151843.jpg
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.