Coil balance needed

A home owner from New jersey says:
This is the coil balance from the left side of my window

Can you tell me what I should order to replace it

Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1624907770218541945533957973507.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

This looks a lot like our 15-192 Certainteed Pivot Shoe, and indeed that used to be what we would recommend. However, you have a specific version of this shoe, which was made by Simonton. As it turns out, it in fact requires a good amount of modification for the 15-192 to replace this Simonton shoe, and it can be quite troublesome to make work. Therefore, we recently started experimenting with alternatives. We now recommend the 15-259 pivot shoe, which should fit well in the track.

There's a catch, however. Because you're replacing the pivot shoe with a different type, I am afraid you'll need new Coil Balances as well, ones that are compatible with the new shoe. See the Series 159 Coil Balances, which are housed by the 15-255 Single or 15-256 Double Supports. To know what spring weights to select, look for stamp codes on the tongues of the coil springs. If there are none, or you are unsure, give me the exact weight of the window sash that these coil balances support, and I'd be happy to work it out for you.

I would be remiss if I did not mention you should replace both sides-we normally recommend this when replacing one balance system anyway, since the other usually isn't far behind from failing. But since you're using a new system in this case, it's especially important. Let us know how you make out, or if you have any other questions.

Finally, to use this assembly, the original pivot bars will need to be replaced also. We think our 26-083 might suffice. We are still in the early stages of confirming if this replacement is a good long-term solution but we have high hopes that it will work with little need for modifications, if any. Take a look and see what you think. If you decide to give it a try, we'd love to hear how it works out for you. 

How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.