Coil spring

Home Owner from Evansville, IN
May 8, 2024 12:54 pm
I need two coil springs for a Kensington Huntington series 23" x 36" double hung window. The spring has a B on it.
pivot shoe coil spring
2 user uploaded images
5 Replies
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
May 9, 2024 2:18 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for reaching out to us! This looks like our 15-177 pivot shoe to me. I recommend the Series 152 for the coil springs. If there aren't any numbers stamped on the tongue of the spring, you will have to divide the sash weight by the total number of springs in the window. 

I'll be here if you have any questions!

May 9, 2024 2:58 pm
The only thing I see on the spring is a "B" . Does the series 152 spring have a hook on the end?
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
May 10, 2024 11:20 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

No, the Series 152 springs screw to the side of the shoe instead of hooking into it like your old one but it should still work. 

May 10, 2024 11:21 am
The window weighs approximately 11 lbs. The only thing I see on the spring is a B. The upper part of the balance has the letters A - F down the middle and a 7 beside them.

The spring has a hook on it to fit in the bottom shoe. I am showing the back of the foot with spring hooked in it.
red brake pivot shoe coil housing hooked coil springs hooked coil spring
4 user uploaded images
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
May 10, 2024 3:10 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

If the sash weighs exactly 11 pounds, I'd recommend using one S152-6 6-pound spring on each side of the window. This would total 12 pounds of overall support which should be fine so long as the weights are within a pound of the sash's actual weight. We also sell the 33-072 screw separately which can be used to install the spring to the side of the shoe. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts