Coil spring balance replacement

A quick learner from Cincinnati, OH says:
The spring unit is 4.5 inches long. There are no markings on it. Installed in 2002 when house was built. The coil cover allows the sash spring clip to slide over top of it. If the coil unit is too thick, it will catch on the spring clip and prevent the window from opening.
The sash weight is 21 pounds. The spring unit has broken on several windows and I'm looking for a suitable replacement.
Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220806_171237986.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220806_171745217.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It's very difficult to make out your pivot shoe from these photos, as it is obscured by the sash, but it looks like it might be a match for our 15-199.

If I'm right, then this shoe is compatible with two different sized springs: either the 1/2" Series 160 or the 3/8" Series 165. You will need to remove one of your originals and measure it to confirm the better option. 

I personally think you might have the Series 165. If I'm right then you can also use the 15-204 cover. Don't take my word for it, though. You should measure to be safe.

A quick learner from Cincinnati, OH says:

Your recommendation was great: the Series 165 hardware was a perfect fit.

I need one more thing- a replacement for a cracked tilt latch. It is 2 5/8" long, 11/16" wide and 1/2" deep. I have attached photos. Please suggest a replacement.

Thank you!

-Chris

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220930_114859488_HDR.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220930_115024727_HDR.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220930_115132948.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Great! I'm glad to hear that our balance worked out for you.

As for this tilt latch, my recommendation would be our 26-243 and 26-244. Look these over and see what you think!

Alternate view of 26-243
Alternate view of 26-243

Profile view of 26-243
Profile view of 26-243

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.