Crestline Casement Operator from 1997

A home owner from CARY says:

I have a photo of my window operator for a Crestline Casement window that was purchased in 1997. I have a photo that I would like to send you. 

I have the dimensions written on the window operator and they may be hard to read. If so please let me know.

Thank you for your help.

Leah 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Crestline Window Operator.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Leah! Thanks for posting. I think you should look at our 39-315 to start. We also have the 39-316, which is the opposite side. These look like they match up to your original operator quite well, but review our photos and dimensions and let me know if you agree.

You can probably reuse your old end bracket, but just in case that's not possible, see our 39-545 and 39-546.

A home owner from CARY says:
Tom,

I am having a difficult time telling the right from the left operator. Is the operator in the photo I sent you a right hand one? If I order the wrong ones can I return the ones that are wrong? If not I have three windows that open left that I would like to order parts for.

Please get back to me with terms.

Leah
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

There's not really a universal definition for left and right in this industry. Some companies define it from the inside looking out, some define it by the outside looking in, others define it by what direction the window opens, etc. You'll give yourself a headache trying to suss it out, so I don't recommend thinking of your hardware in terms of left or right. Instead, look at the details of your operator. Note which side the handle is on, as well as the gearing. That will allow you to determine which operator you need.

For example, in the photo above, it looks like your handle is on the same side as our 39-315.

How to Replace a Discontinued GU Operator
How to Replace a Discontinued GU Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.