Counterbalance replacement

Home Owner from Bedford, NH
May 9, 2024 1:43 pm
I believe I need the S795-26c but if you can confirm with the pictures please? I believe these are Renewal by Anderson windows. The pin holding the spring failed or the guts failed due to rust.
Spring Channel Balance Window Channel 26C Stamp T-Lock Shoe
5 user uploaded images
5 Replies
Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO
May 10, 2024 10:24 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello, thank you for posting,

Your channel balance does resemble the Series 795. To further review, are you able to provide an additional picture of the T-lock shoe where we can see if it has a closed or open (see through) metal cam style?

Does the balance install into the window channel with a hook or a screw in clip at the top of the pulley cord? Let me know! 

May 10, 2024 4:43 pm
Thanks very much!
The counterbalance is within the track shown in the pictures. Unfortunately there isn't a cutout area to make removing the wider part where the window locks in and pivots out easily. I'll probably have to make my own cutout to get the failed part out and get the replacement into the existing track. Let me know if you need any additional information.
Thanks very much!
Steve
Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO
May 13, 2024 8:26 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hi Steve,

You should not need to make a cutout for the T-lock shoe. You should be able to tilt it forward from the stem and then twist it out.

Since your balance installs with a hook, it will require a custom order to assemble the 15-198 hook on the balance for you.

I cannot confirm the T-lock shoe cam style from the picture. If it has a metal cam with a closed backing, then you can use the 15-195 shoe that comes equipped on the balance, but if its an open cam as shown below, you will need to purchase the 15-195B shoe separately and switch out upon installation.

Alternate view of 15-195B
Alternate view of 15-195B

I have sent over over an order link for (2) balances with pricing for your review. The length of the metal channel only should measure 26 inches long. If you need a different quantity please let me know! Custom orders are nonrefundable.

Let me know if you have any additional questions! 

May 18, 2024 12:14 pm
Thanks Lauren for helping hone in on the counterbalance I need. For clarity the PAT # is 4610108. There's another PAT # 5,679,000 and a 3rd PAT# 0467490. Yes, I do have the string with the clip at the top of the counter balance with pullies
Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO
May 20, 2024 10:54 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hi Steve,

Seeing the T-lock shoe removed, it appears smaller than 1-1/4" wide. I believe you have the 15-194 style instead. Please review the dimensions below to confirm a good fit! 

Alternate view of 15-194
Alternate view of 15-194

This shoe will need to be purchased additionally on the product page from the order link sent over and switched out before installation. Please review and let me know if you have any questions! 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts