Crank

A handy person from Poughkeepsie, NY says:
The "Birds eye" view is the right-hand working unit. I need the left. Attached please find pictures of the left crank. The body is cracked (near the handle) and difficult to operate. If any more are needed please let me know.
Best regards,
Danny
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4915[1].JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4916[1].JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4917[1].JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4918[1].JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4919[1].JPG
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us, Danny. You have an old GU operator that's no longer made but my recommendation would be the 39-315 and 39-316. Have a look at the video below and see what you think. 

ok, Emily,
Thank you so much for your help. I was looking at something that would just pop in, buy I guess I'll be chipping my nail polish again...hahaha

The 39-316 looks like it should fit so I'll order that and take it from there.

Thanks again in advance, and I'll let you know how I make out with the new unit.

Danny
Profile picture of Emily

Haha, no problem Danny. Good luck with the repair and I'll be here if you need anything else! 

Maybe one more thing when you have time. I've registered with the website however; I can't seem to get in.

But anyway.

Thanks, I'll let you know how the repair worked out (when I have time to modify the window).

Best regards,
Danny
Profile picture of Emily

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. I'm afraid our department can't help with something like this so I recommend giving our customer service department a call at (888) 991-1929. 

Emily,
Thank you!
Danny
Hi Emily,
I wanted to reach out to you regarding the window repair.
The ONLY modification I had to do was to file the hole a little larger for the new part. Everything else was pretty much simple, using the existing clip with "slight modification on that. I think the whole process took a shorter time than assembling the tools. Haha.

Thanks again for all your help and I love the SWISCO company!
Best regards,
Danny
Profile picture of Emily

Thank you for the update, Danny! I'm so glad to hear the repair went well. If you have any future hardware questions or repairs you know where to find us; we're always happy to help! 

How to Replace a Discontinued GU Operator
How to Replace a Discontinued GU Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.