Crystal window rail clip hardware request

A home owner from Los Angeles says:
The clip I need fits inside the rail. The other part I need slides into the bottom of the window and then snaps inside that clip. Not sure, but I believe this is a Crystal window.
thank you for your help.
Peter
User submitted photo of their pivot bar and shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Peter. This is kind of puzzling. Your pivot bar looks like our 26-373, used by Crystal windows, and the pivot shoe looks like our 15-215, which is used in our Series 140 quick tilt balance system. What's confusing to me is that these two items don't go together. The "T" part of the 26-373 doesn't fit in the pivot cam of 15-215. Do you think you can reuse your old pivot cam in the new shoe housing?
Hi, Paul. I actually need to replace the entire balance and was thinking of using your S140-5. Will the 26-373 bar fit in that? Problem is that mine is broken so I need a replacement. What about using 26-379? Only other solution I can think of is to not replace that side and use a heavier balance (maybe 8lb instead of the 2 5 pound balances. What do you think? Thanks for your help!
Peter
Profile picture of Paul
No, the shoe in the S140-5 balance system is identical to our 15-215, so we run into the same problem. I also do not think the 26-379 will work. That is a completely different kind of pivot bar. I don't see how upgrading to a stronger balance would do anything, either. You really should stick with the same strength balance as you have now. If your replacement balance is too strong, your window won't work properly.

If the 26-373 is a match, then your best bet would be to re-use the metal cam from your old pivot shoes. Perhaps the manufacturer gave your shoes different cams for some reason. You would need to pop them out and pop them in the new shoes.
Okay, I'll order the new shoe and pivot bar and will try to replace the metal cam. If that doesn't work, I guess I'll have to live with the bottom window no longer working. Thanks for your help and time!
I just bought the S140-5 balance. The only problem is I need to replace the metal cam with a different one that will fit the tab in my window. Can you tell me an easy way to pop out the cam so I don't break the balance.The pivot bar that is in my window is your product #26-404. The 12-215 shoe looks like it has the same cam as the S140. I have the right cam nut. Is there no way to just pull out the metal cam nut from the S140 and put in the cam nut that will work with the pivot bar. Attached is a picture of the cam I want to use. Thanks!
User submitted photo of their window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
To remove the cam, turn the assembly over to the back. You will see a nylon piece holding the cam in. Place your finger nail place on the zig-sag behind the cam and push one side over to disconnect the nylon block. Repeat for the other side. Now, turn the cam until it releases from the housing. After that you can try to fit your old cam in the housing. If it doesn't fit, you could try to file down the horns on the tit bar and use the Series 140 as it is, with the cam it came with. That is the only other solution I can think of.
A quick learner from Connecticut says:
Do you sell just metal cams . I only need a few new cams .thank you .
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We unfortunately do not sell the metal cams by themselves, no. I am sorry for the inconvenience. If your cams are broken, you need an all new shoe.

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.