Double Coil Balance

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for your picture submission.

It looks to me like your pivot shoe is similar to our 15-177

Can you possibly send us a picture of the coil removed from the shoe? There are a few different coil series that this pivot shoe is compatible with.

A handy person from Portland, Oregon says:
Hello,

I searched your website for a similar model and found:
12 LB SERIES 140 QUICK-TILT, DUAL

My part is 1/2" wide coil, 1 1/4" X 9/16" block. The stamp number is 6.

Please let me know if the part I found above is compatible to my described part.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190620_195845.jpg
See attached pics.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190621_132615.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190621_132620.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190621_132654.jpg
Any further updates on this?
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you for the additional pictures.

Do you have any of just the coil springs? This will help us determine the proper series you need.

I have two different coils I need in replacement for. One of them has the number 6 stamped on it and the other. 5K.

All are 1/2" wide. The top coil if the double coil is smaller than the bottom one.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190624_135257.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190624_135348.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Once again, thank you for the additional pictures.

It looks to me like you have our Series 152 coil balances and based on the information you provided, you will need both 5 and 6 lb coils.

If there is anything further I can do for you, please let me know.

Profile picture of Tom

The only way to know that for sure will be to remove your window and physically weigh it.

Each coil can only hold so much weight so in order to know what that number is, you need the weight of your window divided by 2, and in your case divided by 2 again since there is more than one coil on each side.

If you can get this done, we will be able to lock down the coil options for you.

Hi,

Would the 1st coil actually be a 9lb? Because if compared in same direction as the 5k coil, it would actually be #9 stamp? Is this correct?
Hello,

How exactly do I purchase a double coil balance for the 152 series? I don't see it in your online store.
Never mind. I believe I have a single coil balance.

Yes. I measured the window to be 20lbs. So it's safe to say it's a #6 stamp.

Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom

If your window weighs exactly 20 pounds, you will need to order two 5lb coils for each side of the window in order to properly stabilize the window. 

I believe that your current balances were holding too much tension and that is why they broke the way they did.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.