Double Hung Window Pivot Bar

A contractor from ohio says:
Hi. Need help Finding what Pivot Bar these are. From a Double Hung Window about 10 years old. I think it is a Polaris Vinyl Window. One has a number 5 stamped on it and the other one a number 8. Thanks.
User submitted a photo of a pivot bar.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello! I've seen this pivot bar before. I'm afraid we don't have an exact match but look at our 26-438. Other customers have used that in the past for a substitute. However, I think it would be a good idea if we see your pivot shoe, just in case. I don't want to recommend the 26-438 only to find out that it won't work in your particular shoe.
A contractor from Ohio says:
This is the Pivot Shoe, would 26-438 work then?
User submitted a photo of a pivot bar.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Tom had the right idea. I'm glad we got this picture before you placed your order. I hate to say it, but the tip on the 26-248 might not fully engage in your pivot shoe. You might have to also purchase the 15-175 to go with it. Comparing our dimensions to yours, could that fit in your track?
A quick learner from Pittsburgh PA says:
Hi,
I have the same pivot bar broken.
One of your previous post has suggested that the purchase of 26-438 may require shoe replacement with 15-199.
This post mentions of 26-248 and 15-175. Would you please explain further.

Would you also please advise if 26-378 (3" pivot bar) is an option.

On the other hand, the place for pivot bar is entirely ripped off, torn apart.
The pivot bar of 26-458 comes with Housing. I see that the holes for the screws are different. Do you think the screws and holes could be worked out and it becomes an option too. 26-458 may work with the old shoe or do you advise shoe replacement too.

Thank you and peace be with you.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I believe that Paul's mention of a "26-248" back in 2016 was just a typo. He almost certainly meant our 26-438. We don't have any other pivot bar that comes close to the original photo shown in this thread.

That said, it's still no guarantee that it will work for you. I think if you are going to get this to work with your original pivot shoe then it will require grinding the "collar" on the front tip down flat, just like the design of the original. Even then it's no guarantee, unfortunately. 

I really wish we could get that original design but it's just not available to us these days. I am sorry for the inconvenience. 

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.