Double hung sliding glass window approximately 32 - 37 years old

A quick learner from Illinois says:
Unknown window manufacturer. Need 2 coils for bottom sash window, both cracked off and window won't stay open. I possibly could use the part the coil goes into on the bottom of the track. I'll send pictures of the bottom part as well
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1BA1535A-86B2-4D9F-B3AF-1CDAE58A921F.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 75E47514-2F3B-4E89-9AD7-71AC79705A48.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0E0E3628-E091-465A-BAA4-C0AD8898BBA8.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Starting off with your pivot shoe, see if our 15-177 would be a good fit. This is used with the Series 152 coil springs. Somewhere on your coil, there should be a number stamped. Could we have that number? If not, get back to us with the weight of your sash. 

It says 6
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5AF4BA15-71EF-4210-BEF7-1F29B339C8C7.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 114402AD-6097-4207-BAA2-7C1A9E1D8C62.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hm, because the stamp is on the housing, and not the spring itself, I am not confident in recommending you go with that number. Are there any stamped numbers on the 'tape' of the coil springs themselves? If not, you will need to weigh your window sash. Give us that precise weight, and we'll be able to work out the spring weights you need.

There was a letter E stamped on coil, but I took window out and weighed it anyway, and it was 15 lbs
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

OK, see our S152-7. One of these on each side would support a window sash weight of 14 lbs. Usually there is some margin for difference in coil balance spring weight, plus or minus a lb. Therefore, this setup would support your 15 lb sash. 

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.