Double hung vinyl window parts replacement

A quick learner from Newmarket, Canada says:
I have two bathroom windows that will no longer slide, so I guess I need both the parts that go in the frame (x8) and the replacement metal posts that go in the window glass frames that slide as well. I think your service for me to be able to email photos is terrific. I hope you can help me find replacement parts. The install videos on your site are great too.

Dave
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Sure, I think we can help. See our 15-175 pivot shoe, 26-226 pivot bar, and Series 152 coil spring. Let me know how well this hardware matches your existing parts.

UPDATE 2023: The 15-175 has been discontinued and is no longer available. However the 15-177 has the exact same width and thickness, and also makes use of our Series 152 Coil Balances and accessories. Therefore it is a 1:1 replacement and based on customer feedback it works perfectly as a substitute. Let us know if you have further questions! 

A quick learner from Newmarket Ontario says:
Hi Paul,
I do not know what weight rating coil balance to get.
Is the weight written anywhere on the parts or the window?

Attached is an image of one of the windows.
The windows are roughly 35 or 36 inches square.

Thank you

Dave

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

There should be a stamp on the old springs you can use as a reference. If there is not, or you are uncertain, let me know the exact weight of the window sash, and we can work out the spring weights needed.

A quick learner from Newmarket Ontario says:
The Sash weight is aprox 13.6lbs., there is one spring on each side of the sash.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

In that case, I'd recommend our S152-7. Each of these can carry 7 pounds, so two working together can carry a 14 pound sash. This is close enough to your exact sash weight that it should work perfectly for you. Let me know if you have further questions!

How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.