Double-hung window balancer

A home owner from Parrish, FL says:

I have a Double-hung window that I tried to remove the window and the balancer on one side broke. The hook at the top broke and when I tried to jury-rig a hook on the string, the string broke. The balancer is 32" long, 5/8" wide, and 17/32" deep. Do you have a replacement for that? The balancer I need has 32G, which I see is the size and weight. It also has BSI in small letters across the balancer and then BV in large letters, running on the length.

My problem is the clip broke off and I don't know what clip I need or what company made the windows.

Any help there?

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_IMG_20200227_113848990.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_IMG_20200227_113907743.jpg
I sent a message before with pictures. The balancer I need has 32G, which I see is the size and weight. It also has BSI in small letters across the balancer and then BV in large letters, running on the length.
My problem is the clip broke off and I don't know what clip I need or what company made the windows.
Any help there?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Many thanks for writing in to us. I'm afraid we need a little more information to help identify this balance. We need to see close pictures of the following:

• The bottom fitting on the balance
  • Is there an undamaged balance from the same window, or another from an identical window in the house? If so, can we see a picture of the top fitting/hook from that balance? 
  • May we see a picture of the hole in the window track that hook attached to?

From there, we can get this started for you. Many thanks. 

I just learned from 84 Lumber, where the builder purchased the windows, that the window is a Plygem window. 84 stated that they do not carry parts for those windows (out of business?).

I will remove the remaining balancer tomorrow when I have assistance and send you better pictures.

Thanks

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bottom shoe, back, 1 of 3.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bottom shoe, front, 1 of 2.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Hole hook.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Hook hole in window of balancer, 1 of 2.JPG
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. This is exactly what we needed to see. You have a 32" Series 795, stamped 32G, and with a 15-198 Hook attached on top. This hook is not on our standard Series 795, but we can custom build it for you. I sent you an email with a custom link to order (2) of these balances. Let me know if you have any other inquiries. 

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.