EntryGard Crank

A home owner from Powell, Ohio says:
Look to replace two window cranks
#1 30472 RH 11" from center screw hole to end of arm. Arm 20755 is 3 3/4"
#2 30470 LH 11" from center screw hole to end of arm. Arm 20755 is 3 3/4"
Please note for some reason it will not let me upload photos. E-mail me and I can send.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

There may be no need for photos; those numbers are often associated with our 39-031 and 39-032 Truth EntryGard casement operators. Look over our photos and dimensions (especially the short link arm) and let me know how well they compare.

Thanks Tom
39-031 and 32 the arm is to long 4 7/16" the short arm is to short 2 13/16.. Any ideas need arm 3 3/4"
Profile picture of Tom

Can you clarify what you mean? Is the short arm 2-13/16" long or is it 3-3/4" long? We have the 39-155 and 39-156, which have a 3-13/16" link arm, but we also have the 39-334 and 39-333, which have a 2-13/15" link arm.

Profile picture of Tom

You can email your photos to help@swisco.com. In that email you want to place your reference number someone on there, D138388. Thank you.

Hi Tom
I ordered and received 39-155 & 39-156. The sizes
are correct but the mechanism when installed will not open and close windows. The difference appears to be the link arm is located in a different position. Any thoughts?
p.s. I do have photos but can't upload. Give me an e-mail and I will send..
Thanks
Photos
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image1.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Your original operator, shown in the middle of your photo, is our 39-156, shown in the right side of your photo. You can tell because the gears are on the same side. The link arm does look like its in the wrong position, but this will be compensated when you install the linkage to the window and crank it in place. Review the video below for more information.

Tom
More photos. I tried to install
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image1.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

That all looks normal to me. Your first photo is how the split arm should be positioned before you connect it. You would just spin the short arm around and connect it to the bracket.

Looking at the video I posted above, if you pause at 1:58 you can see that the operator Mike puts into the window has its split arm in the same position you show in your third picture here. Then, at 2:01, you can see that Mike had rotated the operator until the split arm is in the same position as in your first photo. He then spins the arm around and clips it in. Your window should operate normally from there.

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.