Every Coil Spring Support and Tilt Latch is Breaking

A home owner from Elizabethtown, Ky says:

Hi, Our house was built in 2000, and all of our tilt latches and dual coil covers are crumbling to pieces. The bar code says Monton Windows, not sure if its the same as Simonton or not. 

I have bought a couple products but nothing fits. For example our tilt latch appears to have a Top Plate length of 2 5/8" and I cannot find anything that has that top plate length. The coil springs seem fine, so we are looking at replacing all the plastic covers. 

In the end we are looking at replacing: 20 plastic coil covers, 20 shoes & 20 latches. Hoping I can find replacements with you guys.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200604_231755.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200604_234256.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200604_234305.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200605_001010.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200605_204139.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! We should be able to help, but before I recommend anything I'd like you to tell me how thick the springs are. Please also confirm how many springs are used on each side. It looks like it could be either two or three. Quantity of springs is more important than overall length. It doesn't matter how long it is as long as it can hold the same number of springs.

The width of the springs are 3/8 inches or about 10mm thick. Each window has 2 springs. Hope that is what you were asking for :)
Profile picture of Tom

That's perfect, thank you! I recommend the 15-204. This is specifically designed to hold two 3/8" thick coil springs, like the Series 165 for example. I believe this is our best match for your old cover.

Awesome Thank you. What about the tilt latch and shoe. The tilt latch is the hardest I think. The bottom of the latch is 2 9/16" or 65mm. Top of the latch is 2 5/8. It seems all latches I find have a bottom of 2 5/8" which do not fit. :(

The shoe seems standard at 1/2" x 1 1/4".

Do you have these tilt latches and shoes?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200610_143229.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Latch and shoe.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

It's tough to tell what the tilt latch is while broken, but I believe our 26-243 and 26-244 will match. The pivot shoe is 15-199

Thank you so much for the reply. I will give the tilt latch a shot. The shoe and spring covers seem perfect. Have a great day.
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.