Thanks,
Mark
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7519.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7522.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7521.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7520.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Mark. We can help with this balance but the one you're showing me is too damaged to ID. We will need to see an undamaged version to proceed, specifically of the bottom nylon fitting (which is currently missing).

The plastic clip you mentioned is called a top sash guide. We can help with that, too, but it will require seeing it out of the window first. I need a clear shot of the front and side; think of it like a mugshot.

A landlord from Charlottesville, Virginia says:
Here is a photo of the bottom of the channel balance. I removed a working one this morning. This one did a have a stamp on the side, it said "2220". No other markings that i can see.

I also included an image of the top sash guide. Apologies for not taking it out.

Thanks Tom.

Mark
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7539.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7540.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7537.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Perfect, thanks so much. With this information I was able to narrow it down to two possible choices: either the S351-23 or S390-23, depending on the depth of the bottom shoe. That's the only difference between them. I recommend measuring your shoe and referring to our dimensions to confirm the best match.

Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
Thanks Tom. I will measure and order the correct one.

Two other questions please.
1. Are you able to narrow down the top sash guide from the photo? Sorry i misinterpreted your email and did not take it out.
2. if we want to overhaul these windows, what else do you recommend we do. Are there other parts or supplies we need.

Thanks,
Mark
Profile picture of Tom

I'm sorry for overlooking the top sash guide, I must have been too focused on the balance itself.

I think your first stop for this should be the 18-166. The design is extremely close, so just look over our given dimensions to see how well they line up. If they differ in a significant way, let me know and I'll see if I can find something closer. I do think this could be a winner though.

Hi Tom.

I removed a top sash guide yesterday. Attached are two photos a top view and a side view. Some dimensions:

• overall length = 1 13/16"
  • main body width = 5/8"
  • top part = 7/8" (the plastic square flush with the top of the top sash with mounted. You can see this one is broken, but it sticks out 1/8" on either side of the "main body")
  • distance to first notch (side view) = 3/4"
  • distance to 45 degree angle (side view) 1 7/16"

Thanks for all your help!

Mark

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7590.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7591.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Perfect, this is a huge help. Based on these new photos and your dimensions, I think our 18-115 is our best bet. You may want to look through our dimensions real quick just to be sure.

swisco.com
Alternate view of 18-115
Alternate view of 18-115
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.