GU operators

A quick learner from Ipswich, MA says:
I have a discontinued GU operators (left and right) with a link arm. I have ordered 39-315 and
39-316 replacements (on back order) as replacements. I have taken out one of the 2 broken mechanisms. ... I don't know what other pieces I need to order in addition to the 2 arm mechanisms. The handles are white and appear to be on good shape. I just don't know what other pieces/brackets that I might need...

Below are front and back photos of the one of the old mechanism. I plan to replace both left and right in white. Thank you.

Ron Zagaja
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named webcam-8/2/2021, 12:43:08 PM.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named webcam-8/2/2021, 12:44:28 PM.png
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Ron. have you seen the video below? This should cover what else you need to consider when using the 39-316 to replace the old GU Operators. You'll also need the 39-514 stud bracket (the opposite-handed stud bracket is the 39-513), the 39-114L crank handle, and the 39-105 Detach Clip. and Let me know if you have any other questions. 

A quick learner from Ipswich, MA says:
Thank you, Bob. If the old handles are in good shape, will the old ones fit the new mechanism?

Ron
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Yes, that should be fine. I believe the old operators used the same 11/32" spline size so as long as that's the case then they will work perfectly well.

How to Replace a Discontinued GU Operator
How to Replace a Discontinued GU Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.