Harcar residential window

A quick learner from Debary FL says:
Spring loaded window lift assist with the number 28C T on the bottom.
the hook tied to the nylon cord is missing
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We'd be glad to assist. Can you send a photo of the lift (balance) that you need? Try to find another balance in a different window in order to send a photo of the balance hook, too.

Harcar window.

IMG 0769 Shows the bottom of the channel where the hook is missing

IMG 0770 shows the right and left Channel

IMG 0771 Shows the channels to compare what happens when the hook is missing

IMG 0772 Shows the window frame with the clip that is supposed to catch the channel to facilitate removal. I think that is what it does.

IMG 0775 shows a number one side is 28b the other is 28C. The channels are 1/2" (actually 9/16) Total individual channel length is 30". This includes the plastic end pieces.

I also need two of those clips on IMG 0072.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for the detailed images. We have known most Harcar windows, such as yours, use the Series 380 balances. These balances include a 19-005 top and 15-005 bottom balance fittings. Look over the balalnce shoes and match them up with yours. Do they look the same? More importantly, are our measurements compatible with yours? If so, you will need the S380-24 with a 2820 option to accommodate your stamping of "28B". And for the other balance with a "28C" will use a 2830. 

Normally a window company does mix spring weights on the same sash. You may want to weigh the sash to see what would be the correct spring weight to use. Please review our media guides for more help.

Only the bottom window moves.
The bottom window weighs 20 pounds.
Some of the windows were worked on about 10 years ago. I don't think the guy knew what he was doing...That aside. I watched your videos. Great tutorials!!!!!

The numbers on the spring sash weight are 28B and 28C T.
The metal part measures exactly 29 inches long X 9/16 inch wide. A tutorial told me that is nominal 1/2 inch.
Something appears screwy in the photos below:
IMG 0783 The nylon end pieces are not the same for the same end of each weight.
IMG0784 These end pieces are the same..just a different view to better identify what I need
IMG0785 The hook is gone from the spring cord. A closer look at the nylon end pieces shows either the end tabs are worn off (doubt that), or broken off (doubt that because the ends are not rough) or simply the wrong piece(my vote given what I said before).
IMG0786 Better view of my prior comment.
Should the spring weights be the same for each side??

Sooo Is this enough to identify what spring sash weights I need?
I also need 4 take out clips part 16-002 ???
I have several other windows that need attention.

If you need further information please let me know.
Regards
Alan Rettig 407 342 8333

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Being that someone had previously worked on the windows, we feel more confident that you can use S380-29 channel balance. Don't fret on the 9/16" and 1/2" metal channel. Everyone's tape measure can be read differently on the same part. Thank you for the sash weight of 20 lbs. Now we can suggest the spring weight as (2830) for a sash weight 16-23 lbs. and yes use the same spring weight for each sash.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.