Help Identifying double tilt coil balance?

A home owner from St Louis, MO says:

Hello!

I am trying to identify replacements for these tilt balances. The image is all of the same side. The have a '3' marked on them so I purchased an S140-3, but that doesn't seem to be correct. The existing ones are about 4.5" tall from the bottom of the shoe to the top of the plastic housing (not the foam).

The issue I'm having is the shoe itself and after some more looking, it looks like Item# 15-177 would be the replacement for just the shoe, but I figured it is probably easier to replace the whole thing.

Please help!

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220321_223726923.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220321_223741908.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I agree, the 15-177 looks like a great match for the shoe. This isn't interchangeable with the Series 140 assembly so that would explain why you're having issues. 

Assuming that everything else is working fine, you can just replace the shoe and reuse everything else. I do that all the time and it's totally fine.

Thanks Tom! For the springs themselves, can I still use the "cut out" method to get these out? They are extra "tall" so I'm guessing I'll need to cut out more than the 2" recommended.

Related to those cut-outs, any idea which sash stop(s) I need? I can't seem to find these on the site either. They are plastic/vinyl.

Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220324_115231969.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Yes! The cutout method is actually your best bet. It's a little more work but when everything is said and done it's going to make your life a lot easier. I'll share a video at the end of this post that shows you how we do it.

As for the sash stop, we unfortunately don't sell this. These are tricky for us to supply since so many different window manufacturers make so many different kinds for each window. Your best bet for that is to contact the window maker directly. I am sorry that we can't get you this particular piece.

Thanks Tom! I think with the height of the spring coils and the short sash stops I currently have, I'll need slightly longer ones to cover up the hole I'll need to make.

I appreciate the info and links!
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.