Help. Need to fix it. Thanks

A quick learner from Baltimore MD says:
Hello. I am unable to find replacement for this unit.
I have 4 of them with same issue.
I am able to open them - but I can't close them within 2 inches of the opening.
It just continues to click and would not move. I need to help to shut it.

Thanks
Boris
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Boris.

Thank you for your patience during this busy season. It looks like you might have either our 39-253LB & 39-253RB, or the 39-438B & 39-439B. Take a look at the video below that will help you choose the correct replacement.

Hello. Thanks for your reply.
I have 3 arms not 2.
Is there a part that can be used to just chance the gear mechanism?
And reattach the 3 arms?
Can I replace my current mechanism with another 2 arm system and have it work with my current windows?
What is your return policy in case we choose the wrong part?

Thanks
Profile picture of Emily

I'm not sure which 3 arms you're referring to. It sounds like you might be referring to the arm that's connected to your hinge set, not your operator. I'm afraid the gears cannot be repaired or replaced, unfortunately. You can also see our return policy here

Thanks for your prompt response

You are correct- it's just an arm that supports the Windows itself.

Can you please send me a link to video on how to remove my current cover plate from old mechanism. I can't figure it out.

I will need to purchase 4 of left handed and 2 right handed units - so need to know how to reuse my current cover and handles.

39-253 model.

Any chance you can give me a call ? Just want to make sure I am ordering correctly.

Thanks very much

Boris

Profile picture of Emily

I'm afraid our department doesn't have the ability to make phone calls, unfortunately. It's very likely that your cover can't come off. Many older operators in this style had covers built into the operator itself. If you need a new handle and cover, see our 39-375 & 39-376 or 39-451 & 39-452, depending on the style you prefer. 

If you have any other questions just let me know! 

How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Comparing the 39-253LB & 39-438B Operators
Comparing the 39-253LB & 39-438B Operators
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.