Help with Window Balances

A quick learner says:
Hello,

I am looking to purchase some Window Balancer Hardware and need some guidance making sure I am selecting the proper style. Details on my Window type are below along with some images of the Balancer mechanism.

Window Manufacturer: HURD
Year of Manufacturer: 2004
Window type : Tilt style

Based on reviewing your website I believe the one I would purchase to replace these is the Series 795 Channel Balancer. Looking for you confirmation this is correct, or if there is another product I should be using.

Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image005.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image002.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image004.png
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I agree that you would use the S795-35 channel balance to replace your balance but it will need to be a custom order since your balance appears to use the 15-198 clip to attach the balance to the window jamb. This clip is not available with our stock S795, but we can have it specially attached for you and attach the 15-224 inverted link at the same time. 

To get an order link and price quote together for you, we'll need to confirm the stamp on your metal balance change, as well as the number of balances you need with the minimum being two. If you need new pivot shoes as well, see the 15-216 for this assembly. 

A home owner from Dexter, MI says:
Hello ! The Stamp on my Metal balancer is 35D. After reviewing my situation, I think what I really need is replacement Pivot Shoes and inverted links. If I can get a quote for 10 of each of these items, that would be great.

Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20221104_162606621.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Luckily, the 15-224 inverted link and 15-216 pivot shoes are available for purchase as stock items. Pricing and bulk discounts can be found directly on our product pages. Thanks for posting. 

Thanks, what about the Little Metal Feet used on these windows at the bottom that lock into the Pivot shoe and allow the window to tilt? I need to purchase some of those as well. Thanks!
Profile picture of Casey

It sounds like you're referring to the pivot bars, which we may be able to supply but we'd need to see an undamaged version of yours removed from the window to compare to our selection

Hello, please find attached metal piece. Hope you can please advise on the Part Number so I can order. Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20221108_144859920.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Take a look and compare the dimensions of the 26-402 pivot bar to yours. 

Alternate image for 26-402
Alternate image for 26-402

Alternate view of 26-402
Alternate view of 26-402

The dimensions are different. Do you have other options?

For example, the overall length of 1.25 is actually 1 7/16. Please let me know and I can provide a dimensional comparison if needed. Thx
Profile picture of Casey

Unfortunately, the 26-402 would be our best replacement option but the overall height isn't necessarily a deal breaker if you can use at least one of the installation holes to install them. If you decide to give it a try and run into any problems, our return policy can be found here

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.